Achievements and Priorities
Summary of the governing body work from September 2019-20
Governor meetings and individual governors have carried out many tasks, some of which are listed below:
- Received Headteacher’s reports which included updates on data about pupils’ achievements, pupil absences, appointment of new staff, staff training, COVID 19 Risk Assessments and Protocols, information about Home Learning, Recovery Curriculum and new Nurture curriculum developments.
- Developed monitoring schedules linked to school priorities and met with linked school leaders.
- Attended events such as Harvest festival in the church, assemblies and Parent Consultations.
- Attended a range of courses and training such as Safeguarding, RSHE, SEND, Safer Recruitment and Remote Learning; attendance at SEND forum.
- Adopted Trust Policies including Finance, Prevent, Collective Worship, and Administration of medicine and supporting pupils with medical needs.
- Approved academy policies such as Behaviour Policy and Home School Agreement with COVID19 amendments and SEN Policy and information Report.
- Received presentations from staff such as on phonics and reading, assessment (PIXL), math's teaching and Early Years.
- Safeguarding and Health and Safety monitoring visits and review of H and S checklist.
- Reviewed the school vision statement.
- Started consideration of developing greater community engagement.
- Received information about Young Carers.
- Reviewed budget reports.
- Discussed the Premises Development Plan and Risk Register; reviewed MAT Health and Safety Report.
- Reviewed Pupil Premium impact statements; monitoring visit postponed due to school closure.
- Received and discussed reports from the Academy Improvement Director.
- Monitored the quality of teaching and learning via head’s reports.
- Learning walks with focus.
- Monitored rates of progress via head’s reports.
- …and much more.
COVID 19 has inevitably restricted how we work and we cannot come into school but we have had zoom meetings and met with staff remotely. We have been kept well informed about everything around remote learning, school closure and provision for key workers and vulnerable families, returning to school and the Recovery Plan.
Summary of our priorities from September 2020-21
- To develop a plan to deepen community engagement.
- To support the school community and monitor Risk Assessments and work with the
school in light of COVID19.
- To receive information about the new school curriculum including Recovery and RHE policy.
- To monitor the progress of the Academy Partnership Improvement plans.